What equipment and subscription i need to start coding ecu and other modules

• Автор темы Автор темы moparty
  • Дата начала Дата начала

moparty

Does anyone know how to start ecu coding and what equipment to use I am new to this platform if someone could explain it will be great thank you in advance

What are you planning to code in American cars?? There is not much room to play with in American cars.. you're pretty much stuck with near to factory configuration, can't really change much
For example when replacing the engine control module or the body control module it needs to download files. My question is in this case will diagzone or familiar software do the job ?

For example when replacing the engine control module or the body control module it needs to download files. My question is in this case will diagzone or familiar software do the job ?
No.. on Ford's you can go around with PMI.. on GM you can't program used modules on newer cars even with dealer software.. FCA - may be.. don't have much experience with FCA..

Programmable module installation.. before replacing module you are reading config from original module, then swap the module and config you've read in previous step is loaded to replacement one.. can be done with IDS, Forscan.. in some cases can be done wit diagzone..

If original module is not responsive you can always download as-built data for given Vin number and load it to donor module with forscan

Programmable module installation.. before replacing module you are reading config from original module, then swap the module and config you've read in previous step is loaded to replacing one.. can be done with IDS, Forscan.. in some cases can be done wit diagzone..

If original module is not responsive you can always download as-built data for given Vin number and load it to donor module with forscan
Another question, do you have experience using thinkdiag boot and thinkdiag 2? What are the differences.

Назад
Верх